Saturday, April 4, 2009

Life Out of Balance

Dozens, perhaps hundreds, of hours the past six months of my life have gone into researching, setting up, developing, synching and maintaining social networking sites for work.

Not only have I learned an amazing amount of information about social networking and online marketing, the results are pleasing. We gained hundreds of friends, fans, followers, etc.; our blog traffic increased 282 percent from January through March; and our online presence has grown significantly.

Even though I have loved the process - give me a giant puzzle and let me figure it out! - and feel personally enriched by the knowlege I've gained and the results of my efforts, several things happened this week that made me realize the time I'm giving to work vs. time I'm giving to family, friends and myself is seriously out of balance.

From from this point forward, I vow to even the balance.

It's something I have to do. Period.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I am SOOO there with you! Of course, as I say this, I think to myself, "I need to talk with her about her plans and strategies and pick her brain for info that might help me in the future." LOL. Your brain never stops.

Thanks for sharing!