Saturday, April 18, 2009

Letters Home From Boot Camp: ‘He’s a real jerk’

“02Sep99

Dear Mom,

Thanks for the cash and stamps. I’m severely short of free time so it’s hard to write. (It’s 5:07 a.m. right now and I’m pulling fireguard.)

Tell Damon thank you for puzzle and Valentines, they made me a little happier.

I got in trouble yesterday. I fell out of the run and they gave me a counseling statement. The worst part is that the Drill Sergeant lied on it and I can’t prove it and had to sign it. It makes me very angry. That man is gradually loosing more and more of my respect.

I have my voice back but I keep coughing up stuff.

All this running and marching has jacked up my back. If I go to sick call to have it checked out, my drill just may kick me out of the platoon. He’s a real jerk.

When you talk to Nancy and Terry, tell them I got their letter.

I need to go.”

(No signature)


Hang in there, baby girl.

No comments: