Saturday, April 18, 2009

Letters Home From Boot Camp: ‘18 days until graduation’

“30Oct99

Dear Mom,

I found another great Dave Barry column. I bet he would be an interesting person to go to dinner with. I wonder where he comes up with this stuff.

Boy, are Sundays nice in BCT. Except that we have to clean the bay and we can’t use the phones right now. Oh well.

Speaking of phones, thanks for the new phone card.

I’m gonna miss Halloween. You’ll have to send pictures of Damon’s costume. Has he decided what going to be yet?

18 days until graduation. 2 days until the final. I just need 2 push-ups and 3 minutes off the run. I can pull it off.

I can’t wait to get out of here. I’m bored with Jackson. Oh well. I can’t believe I made it this far. I made a buddy here who’s also going to Monterey. Hopefully we won’t get separated when we get there.

There really isn’t much to write about right now, think I already told you about the grenades. I write so many letters that I can’t remember. Oh well.

Tiffany”

No comments: