Saturday, April 18, 2009

Letters Home From Boot Camp: ‘I did 11 push-ups today’

“Dear Mom,

Please put this money in my savings account. It’s in my checking account. I messed up writing the check the first time and luckily there's a girl here that knows what’s going on and knows what to do about it. Hey, it’s the first check I’ve ever written and I added extra lines on the second one. It’s gonna take me a while to get used to this.

Did you get my card? It was hard to find one at the PX appropriate to send to a mother. I saw something there that I’m going to get before I graduate.

I did 11 push-ups today. I went down and came up and the drill sergeant said “One” and I nearly flipped. I have one week to take off three minutes on my run. I hope I can do it. I’m gonna try. I’ve got someone pestering me about it right now.

Oh well. Graduation is Oct 21 and family day Oct 22. Hopefully everyone can come down. I can be checked out by you and go anywhere on post with you guys at certain times.
And I have to wear my BDUs, so you can see me in uniform. Then on Thursday I’ll be in my other uniform. I hope I can bring you up to the bay and show you the barracks and how neat my locker is.

Tiffany”

No comments: