Friday, November 7, 2008

What you did today is important

I should have kept a diary all my life but writing down “what happened today” never seemed to matter.

I’m realizing, however, that it’s not what happened today that matters. It’s what we think and feel about it that’s important because it shapes who we are and sharing that information could help our loved ones understand the roles we play in their lives.

So … let me tell you about my day:
- I hand washed dishes because the dishwasher isn’t working. I didn’t mind; I’m grateful for our newly-remodeled house and that I don’t live in poverty any more.
- Mike was disappointed I didn’t go fishing with him today. I’m feeling guilty because I don’t spend enough time with him. He’s a great husband and the love of my life.
- I spent some time working even though it’s my day off. I’m finally enjoying the career I hoped for when I started college – the year Tiffany started kindergarten. All the hard work in college and some tough years that weren’t what I expected in my professional life are finally paying off.

As this blog continues I hope my friends and family enjoy it and, most important, gain insight into me and themselves.

No comments: